The Rise of On-Demand Learning
Over the past several years, on-demand learning solutions have not only evolved but have also witnessed incredible changes in the way they are adopted. According to The Top eLearning Statistics And Facts For 2015 You Need To Know, nearly 42% of global Fortune 500 companies apply some kind of technology to help provide employees with more organized learning sessions, and it is expected that the figure will rise steadily in future.
What Are Some Benefits of On-Demand Training?
- It's Easily Referenced - With on-demand training, the materials can be easily referenced whenever the employees have the need. Often, employees tend to forget details as time passes; therefore, it pays to have readily available training materials that will allow employees to refresh their knowledge when the need arises.
- It's Remote & Mobile-Friendly - With company branches placed all over the globe, training geographically is no problem with on-demand training. Subscription-based eLearning can eliminate time and costs related to employee travel, while also providing the best learning experiences for employees. Plus, On-demand learning is mobile friendly. According to eLearning Trends and Predictions for 2017, over the last 5 years, adoption of mLearning or mobile learning has been on an upswing.
- It's Flexible - On-demand training is flexible enough to meet the demands of busy schedules. Because you can study anytime and anyplace, you are not limited to class schedules or locations. Most on-demand courses are broken down into individual modules of limited duration—meaning you can learn when you have a few spare minutes. You can also repeat courses and modules at any time if needed. With 24-7 access to your training, you can learn on your own timeline. On-demand courses are modular and searchable, so you can focus your learning on the topics you need.
- It's Quick & Efficient - Employees need information to be delivered quickly and efficiently, and one of the biggest corporate eLearning trends of 2017 is microlearning online training libraries, which can be accessed through multiple devices. This offers employees numerous opportunities to learn what, when, and how they want. Many corporations are now using microlearning online training repositories as a "moment of need" online training resource.
NHGO NOW: An On-Demand Training Service Like No Other
Several months ago, New Horizons introduced the most up-to-date and engaging video learning library available today: NHGO NOW, a video subscription service that includes thousands of short segment, task-focused lessons, delivered by certified subject matter experts, to guide you over and around the issues that plague your workday. This massive library of on-demand video learning spans the entire Microsoft Office suite, as well as products from a variety of other vendors, including Adobe, Oracle, and Google.
Get a Glimpse of NHGO NOW
NHGO NOW is delivered by certified instructors and industry experts to get you the information you need in as little time as possible. Utilizing our incredible staff of industry experts means that every minute of NHGO NOW video is delivered by a pro that never leaves your screen.
The video below is an example of the lessons available in NHGOW NOW. This one covers Outlook 2016 and is titled “Searching for Messages."
Closing Thoughts & Related Articles
According to a recent report conducted by eLearning Industry, today, 77% of U.S. companies offer online corporate training to improve the professional development of their employees. Corporate training and development has been in a steady cycle of change for the past two decades. Regardless of the learning modality, today’s workforce demands flexibility when it comes to their training schedule.
Countless reports, surveys, and studies continue to show that the self-paced eLearning industry isn't showing any signs of slowing down. In fact, an increasing number of individuals, corporations, and institutions are turning to on-demand eLearning as they recognize its effectiveness and convenience.
Of course, the need for formal training sessions will always be there, but they are no longer the only training option. With on-demand training, employees have the power to decide the most convenient time for refining their knowledge, in any area, without letting it get in the way of productivity.
- How To Utilize the Collaboration Tools in Office 365
Office 365 is more than just a set of tools; to many of us, it’s a brand-new way of working, and there is often a learning curve when it comes to employees truly utilizing all of the collaboration tools within Office 365. Quite simply: The challenge that most businesses face after rolling out Office 365 is that their employees are not using the technology for its original, intended purpose, and in turn, are not collaborating as effectively as they could. Read the full post.
- Which Microsoft Learning Method Should I Choose?
Microsoft is one of the leading names in technology and works hard to provide products to further businesses and everyday life. Traditional Instructor Led classes are available, but many additional learning modalities are offered to give a more accommodating way to get the training needed. Here is a look at four distinct Microsoft learning methods for end users, as well as for IT professionals. We will leave it up to you as to decide which is the best option for you and the needs of your business. Read the full post.
Don't Forget to Subscribe to Our Blog
Join our community and subscribe to our blog to receive great content surrounding the IT industry delivered right to your inbox every week!