The CompTIA Security+ Security Certification Course
Security+ training provides an excellent introduction to the security field and is typically a better entry point than jumping right into an advanced security program. With Security+, you’ll build a solid foundation of knowledge that you can build on, which will help you advance your career in the months and years to come.
The CompTIA Security+ Certification was created as a benchmark for entry-level security skills. Major corporations such as Sun, IBM/Tivoli Software Group, Symantec, Motorola, Hitachi Electronics Services and VeriSign value the CompTIA Security+ certification and recommend or require it of their IT employees.
The CompTIA Security+ course is designed to help students prepare for the SY0-401 exam. This hands-on, 5-day course will teach students the fundamental principles of installing and configuring computer and network security systems. Students will also learn to implement and monitor security on networks, applications and operating systems, as well as respond to security breaches.
This course is intended for students wishing to qualify with CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam. The qualification is aimed primarily at networking professionals, but because security is vital to all levels and job roles within an organization, it will also benefit PC support analysts, application developers and senior managers in accounting, sales, product development and marketing.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify network attack strategies and defenses
- Understand the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies
- Know the technologies and uses of encryption standards and products
- Identify network- and host-based security technologies and practices
- Describe how remote access security is enforced
- Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance and disaster recovery
Regardless of whether students have passed CompTIA Network+, it is recommended that students have the
following skills and knowledge before starting this course:
- Know the function and basic features of the components of a PC
- Use Windows to create and manage files and use basic administrative features (Explorer, Control
Panel and Management Consoles)
- Basic network terminology (such as OSI Model, Topology, Ethernet, TCP/IP)
- TCP/IP addressing, core protocols, and troubleshooting tools
Security+ certification has a lot to offer for a relatively small investment. Becoming certified will lay an important foundation for your career in the future, it gives you flexibility in your future certification choices and it can provide a valuable foot in the door for highly lucrative security positions.
Additional Information Security Training Solutions
Being properly trained and informed is no longer exclusively for IT and Cybersecurity Professionals. Instead, it is now the responsibility of everyone in an organization to have at minimum a foundational understanding of security issues and vulnerabilities. At New Horizons, we are on the cutting-edge of cybersecurity with training programs designed to ensure that your organization can best prevent itself against attacks and, should one occur, significantly reduce your risk and increase your response time. View our entire lineup of Cybersecurity learning solutions.
Before You Go - Don't Forget to Subscribe to Our Blog
Join our community and subscribe to our blog to receive great content surrounding the IT industry delivered right to your inbox every week!