What is a Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator?
Computer Investigation techniques are being used by police, government, and corporate entities globally, and many of them turn to EC-Council for the Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator CHFI Certification Program. Computer Security and Computer investigations are changing terms. More tools are invented daily for conducting Computer Investigations, be it computer crime, digital forensics, computer investigations, or even standard computer data recovery,
The tools and techniques covered in EC-Council’s CHFI program will prepare individuals to conduct computer investigations using groundbreaking digital forensics technologies.
Computer forensics is simply the application of computer investigation and analysis techniques in the interests of determining potential legal evidence. Evidence might be sought in a wide range of computer crime or misuse, including but not limited to theft of trade secrets, theft of or destruction of intellectual property, and fraud. CHFI investigators can draw on an array of methods for discovering data that resides in a computer system, or recovering deleted, encrypted, or damaged file information known as computer data recovery.
Electronic Evidence is Critical in the Following Situations:
- Disloyal employees
- Computer break-ins
- Possession of pornography
- Breach of contract
- Industrial espionage
- E-mail Fraud
- Disputed dismissals
- Web page defacements
- Theft of company documents
Become a Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator
The CHFI certification validate the candidate’s skills to identify an intruder’s footprints and to properly gather the necessary evidence to prosecute in the court of law. Computer forensics graduates have been in high demand for jobs with law enforcement and that demand is growing. Starting salaries in the field can range as high as $85,000 to $120,000.
The CHFI program is designed for all IT professionals involved with information system security, computer forensics, and incident response.
- Police and other law enforcement personnel
- Defense and Military personnel
- e-Business Security professionals
- Systems administrators
- Legal professionals
- Banking, Insurance and other professionals
- Government agencies
- IT managers
CHFI v9 Certified Professionals Will be Able to Understand:
- The process of investigating cyber-crime, laws involved, and the details in obtaining a search warrant
- Different types of digital evidence, rules of evidence, digital evidence examination process, and electronic crime and digital evidence consideration by crime category
- Roles of first responder, first responder toolkit, securing and evaluating electronic crime scene, conducting preliminary interviews, documenting electronic crime scene, collecting and preserving electronic evidence, packaging and transporting electronic evidence, reporting the crime scene
- How to recover deleted files and deleted partitions in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- The process involved in forensic investigation using Access Data FTK and Encase Steganography and its techniques, Steganalysis, and image file forensics
- Password Cracking Concepts, tools, types of password attacks and how to investigate password protected file breach
- Different types of log capturing techniques, log management, time synchronization, log capturing tools
- How to investigate logs, network traffic, wireless attacks, and web attacks
- How to track e-mails and investigate e-mail crimes and many more
Training and Exam Information
The CHFI certification is awarded after successfully passing the exam EC0 312-49. The recommended training is EC-Council Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI) v9.0. It is also strongly recommended that you attend the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) class before enrolling into CHFI course.
Additional Information Security Training Solutions
Being properly trained and informed is no longer exclusively for IT and Cybersecurity Professionals. Instead, it is now the responsibility of everyone in an organization to have at minimum a foundational understanding of security issues and vulnerabilities. At New Horizons, we are on the cutting-edge of cybersecurity with training programs designed to ensure that your organization can best prevent itself against attacks and, should one occur, significantly reduce your risk and increase your response time. View our entire lineup of Cybersecurity learning solutions.
Before You Go - Don't Forget to Subscribe to Our Blog
Join our community and subscribe to our blog to receive great content surrounding the IT industry delivered right to your inbox every week!